To create a new column:
- Navigate to the List > Library tab > Create Column
- Here is a list of the different types of Columns that can be created.
- In the Additional Column Settings section, type a description in the Description box to help people understand the purpose of the column and what data it should contain. This description is optional.
- Depending on the type of column that you selected, more options may appear in the Additional Column Settings section. Select the additional settings that you want.
- Examples of common formulas in SharePoint Lists: https://support.office.com/en-US/article/Examples-of-common-formulas-in-SharePoint-Lists-d81f5f21-2b4e-45ce-b170-bf7ebf6988b3
- Note: To create a column for a list or library, you must at least be a member of the default Designers SharePoint group for the site.