An Automation Account is a container for your Azure Automation resources. It provides a way to separate your environments or further organize your Automation workflows and resources.
- Azure Subscription (sign up for a free Azure subscription or move an Azure subscription from another tenant)
- Azure Resource Group
- Select “Management + governance” > Automation Accounts
- Click “Create” to create an Automation Account
- Fill in the required details:
- Name: You can’t change this name after it’s chosen
- Subscription: Select the subscription.
- Resource Group: Select an existing resource group or create a new resource group.
- Location: Select a location where you want to create the Data Lake Storage Gen1 account.
- Create Azure Run As Account: This will create Azure Run As account in the Automation account which are useful for authenticating with Azure to manage Azure resources from Automation runbooks. Note that the creation of Azure Run As account may affect the security of the subscription
- Click Create
- Azure Automation Account is now created
- Go to the resource to view details:
Create an Azure Automation Account using PowerShell:
Connect-AzAccount -Credential $credentials -Subscription 'Subscription Name' New-AzAutomationAccount -Name "Automation Account Name" -Location "Location" -ResourceGroupName "resource_group_name"