A resource group is a collection of related resources that are used in an Azure solution. You can logically group resources like storage accounts, automation accounts etc. that are used to build an Azure solution.
- Azure Subscription (sign up for a free Azure subscription or move an Azure subscription from another tenant)
- Click on Create
- Fill in the required details:
- Subscription: Select the Azure subscription.
- Resource group: Enter a resource group name.
- Note: Resource group names only allow alphanumeric characters, periods, underscores, hyphens and parenthesis and cannot end in a period.
- Region: Select a location where you want to create the resource group
- Click “Review + Create”
- Note: Make sure that you are confident about all the settings of this resource group before creating and adding resources, as deleting a resource group is irreversible. This action can’t be undone and will delete all the resources in it permanently.
- Click Create.
- The resource group will be created in a few seconds.
Create an Azure Resource Groups using PowerShell:
Connect-AzAccount -Credential $credentials -Subscription 'Subscription Name' New-AzResourceGroup -Name "resource_group_name" -Location "Location"