Azure Data Lake Storage Gen1 is an enterprise-wide hyper-scale repository for big data analytic workloads. Azure Data Lake enables you to capture data of any size, type, and ingestion speed in one single place for operational and exploratory analytics.
Reference: What is Azure Data Lake Storage Gen1
- Azure Subscription (sign up for a free Azure subscription or move an Azure subscription from another tenant)
- Azure Resource Group
- Select “Storage” > “Data Lake Storage Gen1“
- Click “Add” to create a New Data Lake Storage Gen1
- Fill in the required details:
- Name: Enter a unique name for the Data Lake Storage Gen1 account.
- Subscription: Select the subscription.
- Resource Group: Select an existing resource group or create a new resource group.
- Location: Select a location where you want to create the Data Lake Storage Gen1 account.
- Name: Give it a unique name (Resource Name should contain only lowercase letters and numbers. You can’t change this later)
- Pricing: Pricing Details
- Tags: Use tags to organize your Azure resources and management hierarchy
- Review: Once you review your entry > Create
- Azure Data Lake Storage Gen1 is now created.
- Go to the resource to view details:
Connect-AzAccount -Credential $credentials -Subscription 'Subscription Name' New-AzDataLakeStoreAccount -ResourceGroupName "resource_group_name" -Name "adls name" -Location "Location"